Monday, October 24, 2011

I took my boat out .Went into shallow water . Hit the bottom motor will not start. What do u think it is?

I TRIE TO START IT IT IT WOULDNT START. DO U THINK SAND GOT IN IT ... AND HOW DO I CLEAN IT .I BOUGHT ALTERNATOR AND STARTER.. SHOULD I CHANGE THEM?.. PLEASE GIVE ME A COUPLE REASONS WHAT THE PROBLEMI took my boat out .Went into shallow water . Hit the bottom motor will not start. What do u think it is?check the obvious first you may have bent a shaft or jammed a gear take those apart and inspect them if the prop turns freely in your hand it should be okay and then see if you broke something else.I took my boat out .Went into shallow water . Hit the bottom motor will not start. What do u think it is?it should start need more info does it tuen is it and inboard or o,b,I took my boat out .Went into shallow water . Hit the bottom motor will not start. What do u think it is?Why did you buy alternator %26amp; starter? Have you been having some kind of symptoms lately? What recent maintenance has been done to the motor.



Since you are there and we are not, we have to rely on you to describe the situation well enough to give you an answer that is more than a Wild-A$$-Guess.



Couple things I need to know.



When you turn the key, does the solenoid %26quot;click%26quot;?

If so, then does the starter motor spin?

If so, does it engage the flywheel and spin it at a normal rate of speed?



What kind of motor? year/make/horsepower? inboard/outboard/stern drive?



Exactly what part of the boat hit bottom?



What kind of bottom? sand/mud/rocks/other obstructions?



Did you inspect your hull and propeller for impact damage?I took my boat out .Went into shallow water . Hit the bottom motor will not start. What do u think it is?Need a lot more info than what you gave us.