Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do I change the alternator on my 98' mustang?

I have a 3.8L v6 Mustang and I was hoping someone could post a %26quot;how to%26quot; or a %26quot;step by step%26quot; to help me out with changing my alternater! It shouldn't be to difficult, I would just feel better havign something to guide me along the way!



Thanks alot!How do I change the alternator on my 98' mustang?step 1 purchase alternator stepunhook battery from cable 2 remove alternator belt by pulling on the tenioner step 3 remove 2bolts from altinator step 4 remove wiring clips that go on step 5 theres usually will come with connections which u have to snip the old one and hook them to the stuff provided step 6 hook everything back up same way it came apart make sure your battery is charged then hook cables back to the battery then start vehicle . then if u dont have alt tester take positive cable unhook it from battery and if it stays then it is chargingHow do I change the alternator on my 98' mustang?if no one can help you go to autozone and ask for a book on your car it will show you every bolt, screw and wire to disassemble and rebuild your rideHow do I change the alternator on my 98' mustang?Take it to a mechanic unless you are mechanically inclined. Otherwise you have to disconnect the neg. battery cable, loosen the belt tensioner, remove the belt, disconnect the wires on the back of the alternator, label the wires, remove the bolts, and put the new one in in reverse order. Good Luck!How do I change the alternator on my 98' mustang?go to auto zone or one of the big chains they can sell you a manule on your specific vehicle they will have step by step and pics to help you do it your selfers get er done they will even tellyou what tool you will need to do the job good luck its easy and fun