Thursday, June 2, 2011

Does anyone know how to change an alternator?

on a 1999 chrysler 300 m?? I heard it was easy and I cant get anyone to come over and do it for me. So I want to try to do it myself.Does anyone know how to change an alternator?%26lt;what he said. Pretty much, you just take the old one out and put the new one in. They are heavy tho, take care. About 10 lbs, I guess, but when you're trying to grab one while bending over the engine, it ain't easy. Be sure to get the wires right, there's only about 2 or 3, so it's not easy to screw up, but make a sketch of the old wiring b4 you start.



...damm I gotta start reading these questions , I was gonna say, just take it and lay it down and take off the old diaper...Does anyone know how to change an alternator?Disconnect your battery first.

Get plenty of light on the subject.

Watch this video, explains most of what you need to know.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmDKyTmn9